The Energy Friend Energy Efficiency Survey is a more extended and comprehensive survey carried out on your property over a longer period of time. This allows to gain a more in-depth look into your property, your life styles and current energy usage
Energy Efficiency Survey – Step by Step
1. Complete our online Energy Questionnaire. This takes five minutes
- This is a short online pre-survey questionnaire, providing us with essential details relating to your patterns of energy use. With these details, we can ensure that our recommendations are tailored to your lifestyle.
2. We will arrange a convenient time to do a survey of your property
- Your Independent Energy Advisor will assess various elements of your home, such as; cost of current energy output, current energy saving effectiveness; potential to generate its own clean green energy and many more.
3. We will leave an Energy Monitor in your home for one week, along with a pre-paid envelope for its return
- This monitor provides you with a real-time insight to your energy usage, empowering you to take control of your own energy costs. It also gathers vital data, allowing us to find further savings.
4. Your Energy Advisor will create your report and go through all the details with you
- This allows you to fully understand the information collected (from you and the monitor), its interpretation and the recommendations derived from it. In this meeting your Energy Friend surveyor will explain each and everyone of their recommendations, why they have made the recommendation and most importantly how it will save money on energy for you.
5. Step 5 is flexible
- Once we’ve explored your energy report with you, you’ll make instant savings that won’t impact your lifestyle. Further savings will grow over an invested amount of time through our recommended energy efficiency or renewable installations. If you choose to implement any installation recommendations from your report, we will provide a trustworthy, accredited installer exact costs and even project manage everything for you.
What we look for in your Energy Efficiency Survey?
We look to see if your home can benefit from as many as 45 different cost saving improvements, including:
- Who provides them?
- How much do you pay?
- Is there a cheaper deal for you?
- Do you have draft proofing?
- Loft insulation?
- Cavity wall insulation?
- How much do, or could, these save you?
- What system currently provides your heating and water?
- How much do you pay?
- What could you save?
- Do your controls allow you to manage your heating in the most energy efficient way?
- What is your home’s potential to support renewables and what could you save?
- If you already have renewables, such as solar, do you fully understand how to make the most of them?
- When are you home?
- How do you interact with your home?
- What’s available to cut the cost for you?
- What further information do you need to improve your energy awareness? We can help you find out.
Energy Performance Certificate
EPC were introduced in 2007 for all new homes and must be obtained for any home being sold or rented. It’s an incredibly important document, as a good energy rating increases the valuation of any property. The EPC you receive from us will, without question, improve your homes’ energy rating. The average price of this certificate alone is £75, the certificate we will provide as part of the service not only contains your fantastic new energy efficiency rating, it is valid for the next 10 years if your home needs it for sale, rental or council tax appraisal.
Click here to see what an Energy Efficiency Survey looks like
There is a flat fee of £495 for your Energy Efficiency Survey. This includes the expert survey, an Energy Monitor installed in your home for one week, tailored energy saving advice and recommendations, an accurate savings forecast for your home and an official Energy Performance Certificate.
To find out how much savings you could be making, call to book an extended Energy Efficiency Survey today on 0800 046 1972